2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Genesis 14:22-24

"But Abram said to the king of Sodom, "I have raised my hand to the Lord, God most HIgh, Creator of Heaven and Earth, and have taken an oath that I will accept nothing belonging to you, not even a thread or the thong of a sandal, so that you will never be able to say, 'I made Abram rich.' I will accept nothing but what my men have eaten and the share that belongs to the men who went with me..."

So, after I read this, I thought to myself, "How many devils have I allowed to give me something that has lead me away from receiving a blessing from my Lord???" When I say "things", I mean more than something that can rust or be manipulated. Think of compliments or put downs that we've allowed to shape who we are, or even physical or emotional pleasures/discomforts that took our focus away from God's love. When I think of the depth of my sin, it's DEEP...almost beyond measure. But then I think of the depth of God's love, and it's deeper than all of human sins put together! WOW! One thing that's helped me out throughout my stressfull year is that "God's will can't take you where God's grace cannot protect you." Just thinking about that makes me want to stop typing and kneel down just to give thanks for the things that haven't happened to me...the things that I don't know that God kept me from (i.e. car accidents, injuries/illnesses, etc.) and that's all because of his Grace. Thanks my Lord for being you....

No comments:

Post a Comment