2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Genesis 16:1-4
So this reading pertains to Abram and Sarai's maidservant, Hagar, convceiving a child, later known as Ishmael (which means "God Hears"). I thought about this because outside of Adam and Eve, I wondered was this decision the first recorded decision that was not based on God's opinion? It stats that Sarai recommended this idea to Abram, and he agreed, but it doesn't state that they consulted God about it. Another thing that makes me think about this is that we begins to see human nature come out of Sarai...which makes me think this decision was not based on God's will, though he later blesses Hagar and Ishmael. It states in verse 4 that "When she (Sarai) knew she (Hagar) was pregnant, she began to despise her mistress.", which is a nature human instinct...to be jealous or covet or in urban terms, a "hater". I think about Malachi and how he was born out of wedlock, and as soon as I read later that God was going to bless Ishmael because Abraham (formerly known as Abram) asked the Lord to do so (Gen. 17:18). And the Lord of course replied with "I have heard you (which i think is funny because Ishmael means "God hears"):I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers." (Gen. 17:20). My immediate prayer is that I can be a great leader for him, a great father, and a great teacher, and that all of those would come second to God blessing him in ways that I couldn't even imagine. Just some random thoughts....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment