I know that this is not a new topic but does anyone know what they meaning of the number seven is in the bible? I know, I know....we learned that is bible class way back in the day but I forgot. Is it unity or spiritual perfection or what? There are also multiples of sevens mentioned as well. Does that mean the same thing? Then there is the number 17 mentioned, is that the same as well? I am just trying to get the most out of the readings and I have noticed that for the first 2 days of readings that 7, 14, 17, 7 times 7 etc. is repeated. Then, later in the readings we will encounter 56 which is 7x8, 287 which is 7 x 41, seven-fold, you get what I mean.
Maybe the meaning is deeper and we must consider each one seperate. What do you all think. Please help.
I gave my dad the website to the blog so hopefully he'll hop online and give us insight. The number 7 is the number of perfection. So anything divisible by 7 is significant in the bible. During the genealogy of Jesus, you'll notice that they emphasized the 42 generations between Adam & Eve and Jesus. So, you are right...seven has a strong biblical meaning.
ReplyDelete